I’m so glad you’ve found your way to my personal website. I’m excited to tell you a little bit about myself, and even MORE excited for you to discover how this blog can challenge, encourage and inspire you!
I firmly believe the only thing more dangerous than allowing others to put limitations on what you can achieve, is allowing yourself to believe them.
Life is tough. Adversity can be crippling. And it often feels like we’re fighting the battle alone. But guess what, you’re NOT alone. And your struggles DON’T define you.
I believe in this generation and I believe in YOU. I hope my blog helps you grow as an individual, discover your purpose, and live BOLDLY! I post new videos every Monday and Thursday, an inspiring quote every Wednesday, and a written blog at least once a week.
Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Mo!
If you’re a talk show fan, you may recognize me from my appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
If you’re a sports fan, you may recognize me from the collegiate sports scene. I was an All-American goalkeeper for the LSU Women’s Soccer team and the first female to ever tryout for an SEC, Division I Men’s Football team. (Geaux Tigers!) I was also crowned LSU’s 2011 Homecoming Queen. (Who says you can’t balance beauty and brawn?)
A really neat highlight in my athletic career was when I famously scored a 90-yard goal. Want to see?
While I was in school, I created a fun YouTube series called “Meaux Vs.” and took on some of LSU’s top athletes in a handful of friendly competitions. You can watch the entire “Meaux Vs.” series HERE, but first watch me challenge the Honey Badger.
Who do you think won?
While my athletic endeavors were thrilling, my personal journey was quite the opposite. My young life was riddled with adversity and unexpected tragedy. I struggled with a debilitating eating disorder, suffered through the suicide of my father, and survived a horrific car accident—all in a few years time.
Take a glimpse inside my personal testimony…
It is my heart to inspire hope in those who feel hopeless, encourage strength in those who feel bound by life’s circumstances, and empower this generation to live life with integrity, character, and passion!
I currently live in Atlanta and spend my days traveling throughout the country—as well as internationally—speaking to churches, businesses, schools, and communities. I also do some freelance broadcast and spokesmanship work for different organizations.
I really love to love on people, too. I’ve served over 2,200 total hours for various ministries, mission organizations, and volunteer programs. My service has stretched from the homeless streets of Atlanta to the remote bush villages of Uganda to the impoverished slums of Costa Rica. I’m passionate about impacting communities, connecting with individuals, and sharing hope and light in a darkened world.
My Top Posts
If this is your first time here, you might want to get a feel for my site with some of my most popular posts:
- 10 Things You’ll Learn After Dating For A Year
- An Open Letter To A Suicidal Generation. #KillYourself
- The Prostitute Who Broke My Heart
- Clay In The Potter’s Hand
- My Testimony
You may also enjoy some of my most popular video series:
I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE.
- 2012 “225 Magazine” People To Watch
- 2011 LSU Homecoming Queen
- LOWES Senior CLASS Award Finalist, 2011
- GlamourMagazine Top10 College Women Nominee, 2011
- LSU Living Female Athlete of the Year, 2011 & 2012
- Wilma Rudolph Student Athlete Achievement Award Winner, 2010
- Eye of the Tiger Award Winner, 2009
- 3-time SEC Academic Honor Roll, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Top 15 Miss Georgia Teen USA, 2007
- Miss Odyssey, 2007
- #3 play on SportsCenter Top-10 Plays
- Sports Illustrated “Faces In the Crowd”
- U-23 U.S. National Team Pool
- NSCAA All-American
- Atlanta Journal Constitution Player of the Year
- LSWA Louisiana Freshman of the Year
- 2-time First Team All-Louisiana goalkeeper
- SEC All-Time Shutout Record Holder (#3 overall with 30 career shutouts)
- LSU All-Time Goalkeeper Record Holder (43 wins, 30 shutouts, 0.86 goals against average)
- 3-time SEC West Champion
- 3-time SEC Defensive Player of the Week
- 2-time SEC Freshman of the Week
- CollegeSoccer360.com Primetime Performer (Nov. 10)
- LSWA Honorable Mention All-Louisiana
- Soccer Buzz Third-Team Freshman All-American
- Soccer Buzz Central Region All-Freshman Team
- SEC All-Freshman Team
- Soccer America Women’s National Player of the Week (Sept. 2)
- Soccer America Women’s National Team of the Week (Sept. 2)
- Soccer Buzz Women’s Elite Team of the Week (Sept. 2)
- LSWA First-Team All-Louisiana
- Lakeside Invitational MVP